Friday, August 12, 2011

Flagstaff and all its glory :)

Hey blogging world!!!!! I've missed you! I know it's been awhile, but really I have had no time to sit down and tell the world of my adventures!  Get ready for some pictures!!!! So last Sunday, July 31st, I packed up my stuff and moved up to the cooler country, to begin the next phase of my college career.
We loaded up the truck and off we went!!!!! Goodbye familiar territory and hello life on my own!

So we got to Flagstaff and went to check into my dorm, well the room I was suppose to be in was a total mess.  My soon-to-be roommate did not know she was suppose to have a roomie, so I got another room and luckily the other bed was broken so I got it all to myself.  My suite mate just left so I have the bathroom all to myself also!

My room! It's a little messier now haha.


I have been super busy with the training program and have met some awesome people!!!!! I think it will be a great year, with great friends and awesome experiences.  We found out what sport we are assigned to and I got volleyball.  The team is great and I think I will have a good experience with them.  I will get to work some football also, which is good.  I will get to work 4 home football games including homecoming so that will be tons of fun!

Last Saturday I went to Clear Creek with a girl from the program.  We went with some of her friends who are also in the program.  The Creek is just outside of Winslow and is usually clear, hence Clear Creek.  But that day... it was not.  I couldn't see my hands under the water.  Here is a picture of it!





Gross I know! But I did swim in it, but only for like 5 minutes just to cool off!

So that is all about what has been going on! School starts in about 2 weeks on the 29th, and I move into my permanent dorm next weekend.  I will meet my roomies later that week when they move in! I'm loving it here in the cooler weather, I definitely do not miss the 100 degrees at all!  Look out for another post in a few weeks!!! I will try to be better at this I promise!


1 comment:

  1. Glad you are having a great time and adjusting to your new chapter.
    Love,
    mom

    ReplyDelete